The Spectrum of Disaster Pharmacy: Triage → Critical Care
After the completion of reading the article, the reader will be able to:
- Identify actions necessary for emergency preparedness.
- Describe the differences in priorities between practice in a disaster setting and routine practice in a healthcare setting.
- Demonstrate organizational skills to set up and maintain a disaster response distribution system.
- Outline the necessary steps to transition from a disaster setting which treatment is based upon the principles of triage to a sustained response as infrastructure is restored.
Type of activity: knowledge-based
Target audience: Pharmacists and pharmacy residents
- Location 1: Enloe Conference Center 1528 Esplanade, Chico CA 95926
- Date and schedule 1: May 18, 2019
- Register HERE by May 11, 2019
- Location 2: Queen of the Valley Medical Center 1000 Trancas Street, Napa CA 94558
- Date and schedule 2: July 13, 2019
- Register HERE by July 6, 2019
ACPE – pharmacist accreditation credit hours: 2.0
The ACPE Universal Activity Number: 0217-9999-19-103-L04-P
For the successful completion, participants must pass a post-test with a score of 70% or higher. To receive continuing pharmacy education credit pharmacists who pass the post-test with a score of 70% or higher must have a valid NABP e-Profile ID and date of birth on file with ACCP and ACCP will submit credit to NABP. ACCP member-ship is not required; a free ACCP account can be created at https://www.accp.com/signin/register.aspx.
This is a free CE activity with no commercial financial support or support from an individual or an organization other than NCCCP and ACCP.
The American College of Clinical Pharmacy is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education as a provider of continuing pharmacy education.
NCCCP is planning to hold these DMAT CE programs throughout Northern California. If your facility would like to host a DMAT CE program, contact us at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BringDMATCE and we’ll do our best to bring this program to your community.